Saturday, June 9, 2012

Baked Sweet Potatoes with Raisins and Pecans

I used Pure Maple Syrup, and Kerrygold Butter (grassfed cows)

I haven't posted in a while because I've been sticking to the same recipes just varying them a little. But I went shopping for raisins at Winco for Bugs in a boat (almond butter on celery with raisins) and found that winco has raisins with no sugar added! YAY!! Anyways. I'm standing there all happy that I found these raisins when I got SUPER happy because I saw the recipe that was TOTALLY "Accidentally Paleo"! So I tried it at home, and this is what I got.

I made it with Crock pot rosemary chicken, btw.  It's really good, but it's also a bit sweet.


So then I got to thinkin'. What if I put bacon in it? Apples? Ask the hubby and he says to omit the raisins, thinking the raisins combined with the apples would be TOO much sweet. He was right.

This time I made it with Dry Rub Grassfed Beef Burgers (a recipe adapted from Everyday Paleo book). Good combo! The flavors really compliment eachother.


I realize that syrup on paleo is ok in small amounts, but so far I've had this dish 2 nights in a row, and I know I'm jonesin for a 3rd. So I try honey, and it turns out, it's the best tasting of all of them! And it's even more paleo. Yeah basically, I'm pretty much in love with this recipe. It's flippin easy. It tastes flippin amazing. And the fam loves it (except mathias but he's a freak anyway so whatevs.)

It also makes a really good side for breakfast when you use the syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment