Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Notella, But it'll Do" (nutella, purposely paleo)

Did you really want a large fry after seeing "Supersize Me"? Me too. Well I saw this article on Nutella http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/today-food-finance-nutella-not-broccoli-162956191.html and like a perfectly sane person, I REALLY wanted some nutella. But seeing as how it has both milk, and sugar in it, and it's obviously unhealthy, I decide to throw some stuff together to make my own. 3 out of the 5 kids here loved it. 1 adult wouldn't even try it (pansy) 1 adult thought it was "meh" and 1 adult loved it. One child said it tasted like chocolate pudding.

1 1/2 Cups Hazelnuts
2 Cups Coconut Milk (I only had vanilla flavored, but ideally you'd use unsweetened)
6 Tbl Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (next time I'm trying dark chocolate)
4 Tbl Honey (or honey to taste- I prefer mine sweeter and darker and the more chocolaty it is, the more
     honey you will probably need)            
dash of Vanilla Extract

Blend 1 cup of hazelnuts in your vitamix (if you're lucky like me) with 1 cup of coconut milk. Keep adding milk until it's decently creamy. Add all the other ingredients, adding the rest of the hazelnuts at the very end. I blended it on high for about 5-7 mins, until it looked like all the chunks had been blended smooth. Pretty sure it needs to be refrigerated.


No comments:

Post a Comment